About Me

My photo
Born a Scorpio. Raised an only child. Now, a working-student-single-mother of 4 boys.

I have started this blog to document the happenings in my life, with the hopes of some day writing a book when I'm older. Watch for it in the Comedy and/or True Crimes section of your local book store.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Post-It Note

As I sit in the disaster area located in the front room of my house; I am actually not disgruntled about the PopTart wrappers on the coffee table, nor the markers and sheets of elementary art strewn across my floor, shoes of various sizes scattered throughout, DVD cases everywhere BUT the TV stand and the questionable sticky substance on the surface of my touchscreen cellphone; But WHY these things came to be...

It all started early this morning. As I left for work, I wrote the following list on a Post-It note and stuck it in my oldest son's hand.

2 PopTarts
1 Peanut Butter & Jelly
Share half the bag of pretzels
Frozen Fruit 
1 Jello Cup for snack, in the afternoon

NO Wii
Finish cleaning your room!

Allow me to provide a brief history of the Post-It note list... Three days ago, I went to the grocery store and spent roughly $124 on groceries. Two days ago, I came home from work, to find that my 4 sons had consumed 12 frozen waffles with half a jar of peanut butter, 14 GoGurts, 3/4 package of deli ham, 1/4 package of deli turkey, an entire loaf of wheat bread, 6 jello cups and a bag of frozen fruit. Now, every morning before I leave, I feel compelled to write their menu and any random notes that come to mind. 

Fast forward, the 6.5 hours that I worked today, and the 15 minute commutes to and from... I walk through my front door, and trip over Cyle's football shoulder pad thingies, almost falling onto what I believe was our dog under a quilt. 

"WHAT THE HECK?!... WHY DOES THE LIVING ROOM LOOK LIKE THIS?!" 

At which point, my oldest son replies "You didn't put it on a Post-It note".

If you will excuse me, I need to go buy bigger Post-It notes!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I've typed this comment in 18 times and it won't stick... this is the last time I'm trying it---- what I wanted to say was:
    If you don't keep doing this every day I will be mad at you! I love it!! It's perfect and funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been holding out on me! I knew you were hilarious...but you're an awesome writer too! So glad you started a blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Erin! I wasnt holding out on you! I just dont elaborate as much via text & Facebook messages! LoL

    ReplyDelete