About Me

My photo
Born a Scorpio. Raised an only child. Now, a working-student-single-mother of 4 boys.

I have started this blog to document the happenings in my life, with the hopes of some day writing a book when I'm older. Watch for it in the Comedy and/or True Crimes section of your local book store.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Christopherism

As many of you know, I have four amazing sons. Corey is 11, Caden will be 10 on Halloween, Cyle will be 9 five days before Caden turns 10, and Christopher is 6. These 4 boys are the reason I breathe.

Sometimes Corey, Caden, Cyle and Chris are also the reason my breath is taken away. Whether it be moments of joy, sadness, amazement, fear, or in the case of this entry - laughter.

The boys and I had a pretty decent Labor Day weekend. Cyle had a football game on Saturday. Then, they had an evening of non-custodial visitation, while I went to a lil shindig on a lake, with a very good friend. Sunday, was of course dedicated to going to church and eating mass amounts, as a family. Monday, we lazed around a lil while, then went out to their half-sister's house, to hang out. Allow me to clarify... The boys have a 15 year old half-sister. Her mother and I have developed a kinship over the years. So, we hang out from time to time. Perhaps I will get more detailed on that lil saga in another blog...

So, we are all gathered in their living room watching tv, as their half-sister is working on a project for school. She politely asks Chris "can you go upstairs in my room and get me the glitter that is in the drawer, under my lamp." He agrees, and stomps along, up the stairs.

After ten minutes pass by, something in the corner of my eye catches my attention. Finally, Chris has found the glitter... Or did he?

As Chris makes it to the mid-staircase landing, he is now in full view. And, THIS is what he is attempting to lug down the stairs.










..........


NOT glitter, obviously.

Apparently all he heard was LAMP. Because every high school student needs a lamp for their projects.

Bless his heart.

2 comments: